Product Owner, Editorial
Pixelz was founded in 2011 in Holstebro, Denmark. Back then Pixelz was known as 'Remove the Background', based on a simple premise to make it easy for e-commerce companies to create beautiful product images.
Over the years, we’ve innovated in response to the industry challenges of fluctuating image volumes, slow workflows, and inconsistency in image quality. Through trying to solve these issues, we developed the concept of SAW – Specialist Assisted Workflow. An idea of splitting the retouching workflow up into many different steps assisted by AI technology. A completely different way of handling retouching than anyone had ever done before.
Today, we are a technology company powered by a talented and passionate team. With our diverse team, we are able to push boundaries, embrace change and innovate to create more and better opportunities for our customers, our colleagues, and the communities we are a part of.
If you are familiar with the pains of managing post-production for editorial imagery and if you are excited about leveraging technology to change the way it’s being done, here is a unique opportunity for you!
During the last 10 years, we have been focused on building the leading platform and retouching service for e-commerce that helps studios optimize the entire process from capture to online. We’ve made it, and now we want to leverage all our learnings and a suite of innovative technologies to build the leading service for editorial imagery as well!
Managing the retouching workflow for editorials is typically a very manual process with inefficient communication, lack of transparency, and production bottlenecks. This is no different from the pains of e-commerce operations, but there are added complexities in creating editorial content and those are the challenges we want to tackle. To do that, we need an experienced Product Owner to take the lead and help us refine the platform and services in close collaboration with our clients, leading fashion brands and retailers.
In this role, you will be leading the launch of the first editorial retouch service that leverages AI and other automation technologies to deliver high-quality editorial content faster than ever before. On top, we are offering workflow management tools and communication interfaces that allow studios to streamline their workflow and remove tedious manual tasks, and instead let them focus on creating great content that elevates the brand.
This role requires deep knowledge of and experience with managing the post-production for editorials. We assume you have a background in photography and have photo studio management experience. You are curious, analytical and technology-driven, you are excited about finding ways to automate and streamline workflows, and you would be great at working closely with both clients and internal teams. Taking ownership is natural to you and you thrive in executing several projects with ambitious deadlines simultaneously.
Sounds familiar and exciting? Apply and let’s have a chat.
These are some of the main tasks you will be owning:
- Set the product vision and take part in developing the product roadmap and launch plan
- Ensure client needs and feedback is at the core throughout the entire development and launch process
- Constantly grow your detailed and general knowledge about the product and how it's being used
- Inspire the organization to work together on obtaining domain knowledge
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to capture and incorporate business and client needs
- Deliver prioritized milestones in time and within budget
Skills & qualifications
- Strong empathy for clients and passion for finding solutions
- Great communication and people skills
- Excellent photography and retouching skills
- 5+ years photo studio / post-production experience
- Highly analytical and process-focused
- Executing mindset and good project management skills
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
Questions? Contact our COO on email@example.com.