R&D Productionization Engineer
The position has been filled and we're no longer accepting applications for the role.
At Pixelz, we help brands and retailers effortlessly retouch product images for e-commerce to boost their online sales and reduce returns.
We've spent years investing in people and developing software to create post-production’s greatest ever timesaver, S.A.W.TM, a digital production platform and traffic control system powered by AI and specialized retouchers. The result is a retouching service offering unprecedented speed, consistency, and scalability.
We’re trusted by leading brands in every category and have retouched 30 million product images and counting. Pixelz was founded in Denmark but is now found locally, thanks to offices in 6 countries hosting a team of 700 people globally.
Our vision is to change the way product image editing and studio management is handled in organizations the world over, leading to transformational change for our customers, from the bottom line to effective time management.
Pixelz Inc is the world leader in e-commerce image photography post-processing. We are constantly growing and innovating to provide our customers with best-in-class service. Part of this success is thanks to the cutting edge R&D team. There are really two sides to R&D: one is making algorithms with outstanding performance, the other is making these algorithms work efficiently in production. Thus the R&D team is now looking for a productionization and optimization engineer.
This is a very unique role, you will be the bridge between R&D and production. If you are an engineer with a self-starter mindset, someone who is here to beat the competition, not in Vietnam but in the world, someone who is focused on the objective and on helping the company, then please, apply!
In return you will have a chance to work with a friendly team, state of the art algorithms, beast servers. Pixelz also has a generous vacation policy and we have a yearly summit to exchange knowledge, experience and plan for the next year.
The role involves the following responsibilities:
- Provide cost optimization of our AI production infrastructure
- Set up a CI system for computer vision AI and algorithms
- Set up serverless/kubernetes CD system for computer vision AI systems in the cloud and on premises
- Define and document the processes to use the CI/CD system and train the rest of the team to use it
- Support the R&D team with improved tools (library and server maintenance, share back production optimizations to research to optimize research costs and speed)
- Provide proper documentation for all the tools that you make/use
- Convert existing algorithms to production optimized algorithms (same performance but faster execution time)
Later on, you will not be asked to develop new algorithms but we expect you to make existing algorithms as efficient as possible (and even as impossible if it is possible for you).
Have 3-5 years of experience in R&D overall including 1-3 years of experience in the below specific tasks:
- Experience with AWS services in particular, lambda, kubernetes, and other serverless services
- Experience setting up a continuous integration/deployment system for AI and ML
- Experience with pytorch and torchvision
- Experience with opencv (C++ and python)
- Experience with git and linux
Nice to have:
- Experience productionizing AI algorithms (mixed precision, tensor cores)
- Experience with C++ optimization especially for vector and matrix computation (compiler optimization, instruction sets, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Thinking outside the box, can do attitude
- Be creative
- Love writing code, love deleting code
- Have got grit, dare to fail
- Be hardworking, passionate and possess a can-do attitude.
- Be good at critical, logical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Stay focus
- Be assertive, honest and trustworthy
- Be willing to deal with the opposite and different ideas
- Be a good team player and patient person
- Be a self-learner
- Team and company player
- International working environment
- Flat and transparent organization
- Individual ideas are highly appreciated
- Working with a strong technical team of young and ambitious members
- Yearly summit to exchange knowledge, experience and plan for the next year.
- Work with our groundbreaking workflow system S.A.W.™
- Freedom in deciding the solution
- Flexible working time and result oriented.
- Chances to learn new business
- Great opportunities in developing career pathway, English and soft skills.
- Social, healthcare and unemployment insurances complied with labor law.
- Up to 15 annual leave days per year
- Summer trip allowance, 2 weeks fully paid off for parental leave, teamwork activities and more to come once you join.
Interested candidates please send your CV to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org “R&D Productionization Engineer - Your full name”. Only qualified candidates are contacted.
If you need more information, you can send an email to Sébastien Eskenazi email@example.com